From Papacarrental you can get reliable car rental service of your choice and budget. We are offering wide range of cars. Easy booking interface with different payment modes (like Credit Card (Visa or Master Card), PayPal, Bank Transfer etc) available at Papacarrental and finally with no hidden charges, Papacarrental is the best option for your car rental in Seychelles.
- Choose the Island < Mahe or Praslin>.
- Select the dates and times.
- Click the ‘Search’ button and we’ll show you the prices of the available cars.
- Select your preferable car.
- Choose your additional rental packages.
- Click ‘Book Now’.
No. Customers are not permitted to take the cars from one island to another.
Customers are requested to make separate car booking for Mahe and Praslin island.
If you require two vehicles you need to make two bookings under the names of the main drivers.
We have budget cars and SUV types cars available for renting.
Budget cars: Hyundai (Eon, I10, Grand I10, Grand I10 Saloon), Kia Picanto, Tata Tiago
SUV cars: Hyundai (Creta, Venue, I20 Active), Kia Soul, Suzuki Ertiga
Reserve your car online using our booking tool. Once you have selected a location, date and time, the available car options will be shown on the rental booking screen.
We will deliver and pick up the car anywhere in Mahe and Praslin Island.
Mahe Car delivery locations: Mahe Airport – International & Domestic Terminal, Mahe Jetty — Catcocos Boat Terminal, Hotels, Guest House, etc.
Praslin Car delivery locations: Praslin Airport, Praslin Jetty — Catcocos Boat Terminal & Catrose Boat Terminal, Hotels, Guest House, etc.
We will deliver the car at Hotels, Guest houses and Villas. Our representative will wait for you at the hotel reception as per the car delivery time.
Yes. Car delivery and car return locations are need not to be same.
For Example, upon landing in Seychelles, you can pick up your rental car at the Mahe Airport – Arrival terminal and on the last day, you can drop off the car at the Mahe Jetty to catch the boat to visit Praslin Island & La Digue Island.
Our representative will wait for you at the arrival terminal with your full name on the welcome board.
In case of Flight delay or Earlier flight, please send an email to email@example.com or send a text in Whatsapp (00248 – 2780 254 ) about your new arrival time and we will deliver the car accordingly. When booking your reservation on-line, please include your airline and flight information. Providing us with your flight information (Airline Name, Flight Number & Estimated time of arrival) allows us to serve you better.
Yes. You can able to purchase maximum two extra hours at the time of booking.
Rates: 1 Extra Hour : 5 Euros.
2 Extra hours : 10 Euros.
The minimum age requirement to rent a car in Seychelles is 21 years of age and with minimum 1 year of driving experience. All the drivers will need a valid National or International Driving Permit.
You will be required to present the following documents,
- Your confirmation voucher
- Your valid driver licence. Your driver licence must be written in Roman alphabet.
- A valid credit card in the driver’s name, with sufficient provisions for your deposit.
- Passport for verification purposes and to sign the Rental Agreement when you pick up the vehicle.
- If you plan on adding additional drivers to your contract, all drivers must be present at the counter and present their driver licence. Car hire representative will provide a short explanation of the car and the car will be checked for existing scratches or other damages together with the driver. The rental car can be used as soon as the inspection has been completed.
We will try to deliver the same make and model of the car. In the event that the requested car make & model is not available due to accidents or repairs, you will be receive a vehicle of equivalent or higher category car than the one you have booked.
Yes. Please send your booking amendments by email or by Whatsapp along with booking number. You will also be asked to provide a description and details of the changes you wish to make.
Please note we cannot guarantee you will receive the same rate as your original booking.
If you modify your pick-up or drop-off location, date or time, this may result in a change to your rates, taxes, or surcharges. Please see your new rate quote when you verify your reservation.
Yes, reservations can be cancelled. Please contact us as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your reservation. The car booking number issued when you made the reservation and the email address you registered at the time of reservation are required to cancel or make changes to your reservation.
Our cancellation policy are as below,
- Before 48 hours – to the car pick up time – Free cancellation.
- Less than 48 Hours – to the car pick up time – 50% of total payment as Cancellation fee.
- No Show – No refund.
- Early Return – No refund.
Note: We do not hold any responsibility for any bank charges incurred in the process of refunding funds.
By purchasing the cancellation & Early return scheme, customers will be able to cancel their car booking and get full refund before 48 hours prior to the vehicle pick up time. You can purchase this scheme upon car booking only. It is not refundable. The terms and conditions of this scheme are stated below,
- Before 24 hours to the car pick up time – Full refund
- EARLY RETURN – One full day’s rental rate and 30 % of the rental amount for the remaining rental period will be charged as cancellation fee.
Note: We do not hold any responsibility for any bank charges incurred in the process of refunding funds.
Our aim is to offer transparency throughout the booking process and during your rental period. Here you know about our insurance, what is included and what is not, so nothing should come as a surprise to you. Our insurance has a deductible (excess). The excess is a deductible amount charged for any car damage on the car when you return it.
Included in the price:
Collision damage Waiver is an insurance limiting your liability to the excess amount in case of damage. CDW covers the bodywork of the car. This insurance is included for all our cars. For budgets cars, the deductible (excess) for the car is 1000 Euros and for the SUV type cars, the deductible (excess) for the car is 1600 Euros. This insurance has exclusions such as damage to glass (e.g. windows, windscreen, exterior mirrors etc.), tyres, underside, interior, roof, engine, damage to the locks, loss of vehicle keys, personal belongings, key replacement fee, towing fees and claimable administration fees; for instance if you damage the undercarriage of the vehicle, you will be liable for the full cost of repair.
We would advise you to select our additional options like Safety & Extra Safety Excess reducer and Tyre/Glass Protection scheme to reduce the damage cost. Excess reducer and Tyre/Glass Protection scheme are not extra insurance but an option for our renters to waive their liability in case of damages to the rental car during the rental time. This allows our renters to have a carefree experience with Papa Car Rental while enjoying our beautiful island.
Insurance and Excess reducers will not apply in the following circumstances:
When the accident was not reported to the police.When it is clear that the driver was in violation of the car rental Terms and Conditions
(1) Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
(2) Reckless and Gross negligence driving;
(3) Unauthorized extensions;
(4) Leaving the scene of an accident
(5) Vehicle driven by unauthorized person
(6) Not adhering to traffic, road and driving regulations of Seychelles.
When there is failure to exercise due diligence
(1) Refuelling the vehicle with the wrong type of fuel;
(2) Theft when the vehicle was left unlocked;
(3) Loss of keys;
(4) Leaving the scene of an accident in a no-parking area;
(5) Damage to the vehicle’s internal accessories;
(6) Smoking inside the vehicle (including e-cigarettes etc), etc.
(7) Driving the car on restricted areas, beach and other non-drivable mountainous routes
You can purchase excess reducer plan to reduce the excess on the vehicle. The cost of excess reducer varies by vehicle type. This can be done online at the time of booking. There are two types of Excess reducer,
1. SAFETY EXCESS REDUCER:
For Budget cars, the excess will be reduced from 1000 Euros to 500 Euros for an addition charge of 8 Euros per day.
For SUV type cars, the excess will be reduced from 1600 Euros to 1000 Euros for an addition charge of 8 Euros per day.
2. EXTRA SAFETY EXCESS REDUCER:
For Budget cars, the excess will be reduced from 1000 Euros to 200 Euros for an addition charge of 15 Euros per day.
For SUV type cars, the excess will be reduced from 1600 Euros to 800 Euros for an addition charge of 15 Euros per day.
Yes, a valid credit card in the driver’s name is required to rent a car.
We accept Visa/ MasterCard and these cards must show the customer’s name, signature and card number. All customers will be required to pay a rental deposit by their credit card.
The deposit amount varies from €1000 to €1600. The amount depends on the type of car. Even you choose an excess reducer plan with a lower excess, you may still need to pay the full deposit. You can pay the deposit when you pick up the car either in cash or by credit card. The amount will usually remain blocked on your credit card throughout the rental period, effectively lowering your spending limit. Therefore, please make sure that the full amount is available on your card and that the owner of the card is present at the time of pick-up. If the car is brought back in the same condition as when you picked it up, you will receive the full amount back.
Car Rental extension will depends on the car availability.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you wish to extend your reservation. The car booking number issued when you made the reservation and the email address you registered at the time of reservation are required along with the details of car extension to check the availability. Mostly we will try to allot the same car for you, unless we will bring another car for the extension period. If there is no car availability, we will inform you shortly through email.
The refund for earlier car return will be given to the customers who purchased ‘Cancellation & Early return Waiver’ at the time of car booking.
Customers are requested to refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level upon picking up the vehicle.
Please follow the procedure below if you get involved in an accident:
- Don’t Move the vehicle from the accident site.
- Assist all injured parties.
- Report the accident to the police and to the car hire representative.
- Get the details of the other party.
- Do not negotiate a private settlement on the spot. Private settlements will invalidate the insurance, which will require the user to pay the entire cost.
Seychelles Police Station Contact number:
If you can’t found any answer you want in Frequently Asked Questions, Please send your Inquiries by email.